Customer service is the about of meeting the customer’s needs by making available and delivering professional, useful, good quality service and assistance before, during, and post the customer’s requirements are met.
IT customer support can be provided face to face, by telephonic conversation or online, the aim is to resolve queries of customers as soon as possible, either by supportive information, by remotely using and fixing your system or by physically being available to resolve issues.
Duties of a customer service representative also include:
- Listen to customer’s questions and concerns, and provide answers or responses
- Providing useful information regarding products and services
- Taking orders, calculating charges, and processing billing or payments
- Handling complaints and returns
- Recording details of customer contacts and actions taken
- Reviewing and selecting standard responses for answers or solutions
- Transferring customers to supervisors or more experienced employees
- Review or make changes to customer accounts
Skills required to be the best IT customer support:
- Following up after a problem is solved it of utmost importance,m aking sure that the issue is fixed and the customers are satisfied with the type of service they got, sending a mail or asking for a feedback is the best way to let the customers know you have their back.
- Admitting to your mistakes is a trust building factor, even if your customer has not noticed go ahead and admit it.It helps you in taking control of the situation and getting it corrected.
- Clear communication, the most important aspect of customer service is making the customers understand what you are trying to say, it isn’t as easy as it looks, conveying the customer exactly what you mean is of high importance.
- Being patient, empathetic and consistent, some customers will be irritable, others will ask a lot of questions and others will be rude.
- Having a sound knowledge of product becomes mandatory only then a representative can help his/her customers when he has full knowledge of what he is dealing with.
Not forgetting that your customers are people too, and knowing that putting in the extra effort will come back to you many-fold should be your driving force to never “cheat” your customers with lazy service and give the best you can.